In recognition of Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, Independence House presents “Let Your Voice Be Heard” music contest on March 31, 2017 at the Cape Cod Community Media Center. The grand prize winner will be awarded a recording session at Seasound Recording Studio.
Curious about the music contest?
TAKE A LOOK AT THE GUIDELINES FOR MORE INFORMATION.
The guidelines and details for entering into the contest are listed below.
• The song must be original and designed by the performing artists. No covers.
• Songs must be 3 ½ minutes long, or less.
• A video performance of the song must be submitted to YouTube.
• The language must be appropriate- please no swearing, slurs, or hateful language.
• Entries and permission forms must be submitted by March 2nd, 2017 to AdamC@indhouse.net
•The lyrics of the song must be inspired by spreading awareness about teenage dating violence and the following pledge:
“…WE ARE THE CHANGE We are the ones that will usher in a new era of consent-driven thinking. We are the ones that will re-frame society’s thoughts around healthy relationships. We are the ones that will redefine what respect is. We are the ones who will transform social norms and reinvent society’s ideas around gender roles.”